General Operative (Permanent, Fixed-Term, Specific Purpose Posts) Ref: GO23O
City of Dublin ETB provides a broad and comprehensive range of high-quality educational services in our schools, colleges and centres. Our maintenance staff play a key role within the organisations support structure working with school, college and centre management to maintain the highest standards of cleaning, upkeep and stewarding to assist in the running of the scheme.
The purpose of this recruitment campaign is to fill permanent and fixed-term General Operative contract vacancies as they arise within the organisation. Details and types of service are available on www.cityofdublinetb.ie. Full details of individual positions will be provided to those applicants successful at interview when being offered a post.
The positions will be based in City of Dublin ETB – both in our Head Office and also throughout the scheme in our schools / colleges and centres.
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Cleaning, washing and dusting of all operational areas within College/School and Centres including toilets, offices, corridors, stairs, windows / glass and external areas including gardens, etc. Must be cognisant of COVID 19 regulations.
• Gardening, including grass cutting.
• Removing rubbish and waste materials and the safe storing of same pending removal from the premises.
• Moving furniture, equipment as directed.
• Carrying out messages and errands within the premises and to other centres as required, including collecting, distributing and delivering post.
• Assisting porters, tradesmen and other maintenance staff as required.
• Manning and controlling entrances / exits.
• Stewarding and other sundry duties.
• Operating all appropriate machinery relating to the grade.
• Performing such other appropriate duties of a similar nature as may be instructed from time to time by City of Dublin ETB, Chief Executive, Principal or any other authorised officer.
Please click apply now to visit our careers page for Information Guide.