1- Clerical Officer – Kilkenny and Carlow Education and Training Board
Kilkenny and Carlow Education and Training Board(KCETB) is the largest education and training provider in counties Kilkenny and Carlow and offers a broad range of education and training services to approximately 14,000 students and learners on an annual basis.
We manage 13 post-primary schools across the two counties and are the leading provider of Further Education and Training(FET). Through our FET Service, we offer a wide range of full-time and part-time courses, such as apprenticeships, basic education, community education and Youthreach (for early school leavers) as well as student supports and services for employers.
We also manage music education through the Music Generation programme and we co-ordinate the delivery of youth services. We have a history of responding flexibly to community and employer needs and aspirations.
Job Title: Clerical Officer (Grade III) – Substitute Panel
Reporting: Department Manager/Head of Centre/School Principal as designated.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday – 35 hours per week
Work Location: Positions available within KCETB offices in the Kilkenny and Carlow area.
Salary Scale: Salary will be paid in accordance with such rates as may be authorised by the Minister for Education from time to time for Clerical Officers (Grade III).
Candidates should note that the starting salary for new entrants will be at the minimum of the scale.
Different remuneration and conditions may apply, if, immediately prior to appointment the appointee is already a serving Civil Servant or Public Servant.
Current scale for new entrants at Grade III is €25,353 – €41,501 (Full time Equivalent).
Annual Leave: 22 days per annum (Full-time equivalent). This leave is on the basis of a five day week and is exclusive of the usual public holidays.
2- Clerical Officer – Northern and Western Regional Assembly
The Northern & Western Regional Assembly was established on 1st January 2015. The Regional Assembly is involved in the management and monitoring of EU programmes in the region, regional economic and spatial planning and promoting regional policy in Ireland.
The Regional Assembly now wishes to recruit for the position of Clerical Officer (Grade III) on a temporary/permanent basis.
Selection shall be by means of a competition based on an interview conducted by or on behalf of the Northern & Western Regional Assembly. A panel may be formed on the basis of such interview. Candidates whose names are on a panel and who satisfy the Regional Assembly that they possess the qualifications declared for the post and that they are otherwise suitable for appointment may within the life of the panel be appointed as appropriate vacancies arise. The life of the panel will not be more than one year from the date of creation of the panel.
The purpose of the position of Clerical Officer is to provide clerical back-up for a unit within the Northern & Western Regional Assembly.
Duties associated with this grade will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the implementation of operational work activities and supporting Line Managers and colleagues;
- Collating data/information for reporting;
- Ensuring high quality customer service, responding to queries and providing information;
- Use of Information Technology, e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet;
- The skills to work as part of a team and the ability to work on own initiative;
- To act, as required, for an employee of a higher grade;
- General clerical, administrative and customer service duties;
- And any other such duty as may be assigned from time to time.
We’re recruiting a Clerical Officer Grade 3 level for a full-time and permanent role.
The Clerical Officer role is a key support position within the LGMA and is assigned to a service delivery or internal support functional area as required.
Mary Immaculate College is an autonomous, university-level, Catholic College of Education and the Liberal Arts. Founded in 1898, and linked academically with the University of Limerick, MIC is the oldest higher education institution in Limerick. The appointee is required to carry out the duties attached to the post, under the general direction of their designated line manager, to whom they report to, and to whom they are responsible for the performance of these duties in the first instance. The appointee will report through their designated line manager to the Vice President Administration and Finance, to the College President and/or to such other College Officers as the President may designate from time to time.
The appointee will liaise with the Vice Presidents, Deans, Heads of Departments, Course Leaders and other College personnel and with relevant College bodies in carrying out the duties attaching to the post.
The reporting relationship may be subject to review from time-to-time, in line with service needs and developments in the College. Salary The Salary scale for this position has been approved by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science and the Higher Education Authority in line with Government Policy on Public Sector remuneration. The rate of remuneration may be adjusted from time to time in line with Government pay policy. The appointment will be made on the salary scale at a point in line with current Government Pay Policy.
New entrants to the Civil or Public Sector, as defined in Circular 18/2010, will commence on the first point of the salary scale.
The grade for this post is Clerical Officer. The weekly salary scale for the grade of Clerical Officer (New Entrants Grossed Up) as at 1st February 2022 is:
€485.55; €516.68; €524.60; €540.03; €562.79; €585.53; €608.26; €624.81; €643.53 €665.32; €680.64; €702.20; €723.64; €757.06; €783.32 (LSI 1); €795.38 (LSI 2) (New Entrant)
The weekly salary scale for the grade of Clerical Officer (Grossed Up) as at 1 st February 2022 is:
€524.60; €540.03; €562.79; €585.53; €608.26; €624.81; €643.53 €665.32; €680.64; €702.20; €723.64; €757.06; €783.32 (LSI 1); €795.38 (LSI 2)
Increments are awarded in line with national pay agreements.
Salary will be paid on a fortnightly basis, using the Paypath facility. Payment of salaries and wages are subject to statutory deductions, i.e. Income Tax (PAYE), Superannuation Contributions, Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI) and Universal Social Charge (USC).
5- Clerical Officer – Kildare and Wicklow Education and Training Board (Further Education and Training Centre, Kildare Town, Co. Kildare)
Kildare and Wicklow Education and Training Board invites applications for the permanent and pensionable part time post of Clerical Officer Grade III, 17.5 hours per week.
Starting Salary: €12,676.50 per annum* New entrants 01/02/2022 salary scale: €12,676.50, €13,492.50, €13,693.50, €14,102, €14,697, €15,294, €15,892, €16,324.50, €16,816, €17,385, €17,789, €18,354, €18,922, €19,991.50, €19,991.50, €19,991.50, LSI €20,750.50,
Hours per week: 17.5 – Monday to Friday (35 for full time comparator)
Annual Leave: 11 days per annum (22 days full time comparator)
Candidates must: • have the requisite knowledge, skills and competencies to carry out the role. Competencies will be informed by best practice Public Appointment Service competency frameworks for the Irish Public Service; • be capable and competent of fulfilling the role to a high standard; • have obtained at least Grade D3 in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate Examination (higher, ordinary, applied or vocational programmes) or equivalent or have passed an examination at the appropriate level within the QQI qualifications framework which can be assessed as being of a comparable to Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent or higher or have appropriate relevant experience which encompasses equivalent skills and expertise; • be at least 17 years of age on or before the date of advertisement of the recruitment competition.
6- Clerical Officer – St Farnan’s Post Primary School, Prosperous, Co. Kildare
St Farnan’s Post Primary School, Prosperous, Co. Kildare Kildare and Wicklow Education and Training Board invites applications for the fixed term post of Clerical Officer Grade III, 35 hours per week.
Starting Salary: €25,353 per annum
Hours per week: 35 – Monday to Friday
Annual Leave: 22 days per annum (approx. 10 days in the contract period)
• have the requisite knowledge, skills and competencies to carry out the role. Competencies will be informed by best practice Public Appointment Service competency frameworks for the Irish Public Service;
• be capable and competent of fulfilling the role to a high standard;
• have obtained at least Grade D3 in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate Examination (higher, ordinary, applied or vocational programmes) or equivalent or have passed an examination at the appropriate level within the QQI qualifications framework which can be assessed as being of a comparable to Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent or higher or have appropriate relevant experience which encompasses equivalent skills and expertise;
• be at least 17 years of age on or before the date of advertisement of the recruitment competition.
7- Clerical Officers – Dublin Bus
Clerical Officers (all areas of the business)
Reporting to the Department / Depot Manager
12 Month Fixed-Term Contract (with a view to renewal / permanent contract of employment)
Starting Salary: €23,626.93 per annum
Flexible hybrid working week (depending on the location)
Areas of responsibility (but not limited to):
- Provide customers with information on service changes, departure times, route changes, fare / ticket range and prices
- Provide support for employee travel facilities and employee cycle to work requests
- Monitor social media sites during dedicated hours and respond appropriately and timely to customer queries and comments
- Acknowledge and reply to all customer queries and complaints with reference to NTA guidelines
- Daily check and maintaining of bus sign off sheets
- Dealing with payroll queries on CoreHR systems
- Third level qualification in any business area is desirable
- Good knowledge / experience of Microsoft Package (Word; Excel; PowerPoint)
- Ability to record, analyse data and generate reports
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience in a similar role desirable
- Enviable level of job security
- Medical (GP) Scheme
- Family friendly Leave
- Career Development opportunities
- Subsidies Travel facilities
- Public Service Credit Union
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Education Support Scheme
- Sports and Social Clubs
- Excellent Pension scheme
How to apply: Apply online through our Dublin Bus E-Recruitment Site by Sunday 16 October 2022
Shortlisting will apply.
Data Retention and your legal rights:Applications will be kept for 12 months in line with our Data Retention PolicyTo exercise your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018, please email firstname.lastname@example.org