Exciting CEO role at one of Dublin’s largest and growing Credit Unions.
Tower Credit Union Limited, headquartered in Clondalkin, Dublin 22 is a large community-based Credit Union serving 47,000 Members from five branches in West Dublin and North Kildare. The credit union has 50 employees and manages assets in excess of €210m.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the main responsibilities of the CEO are to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the credit union.
- Appoint, lead and motivate the Management Team and credit union employees.
- Undertake and oversee employee performance appraisals and maintain the staff succession plan.
- Draft and present strategies / plans / policies for discussion and Board approval.
- Oversee the financial statements and management accounts.
- Report monthly to the Board on the performance of the credit union and matters relevant to the Board’s role.
- Ensure appropriate policies, procedures, systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained.
- Utilise IT systems and reports to set key performance measures.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and other regulatory requirements, including complete and accurate statutory returns to the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Promote and deliver products and services to Members including digital and online services.
- Assist the Board of Directors (as the credit union’s elected representative body) and Board Committees in the performance of their duties.
- Represent the credit union with service providers, regulatory authorities, industry bodies and other credit unions.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of ten years’ experience working at a senior level in the financial services industry.
- A third level degree / relevant professional qualification and / or relevant experience in a similar role.
- A strong financial services background with a forward-looking and growth-oriented mindset.
- High customer focus with an emphasis on service delivery and business growth.
- Exceptional people management and motivational skills.
- Proven achievement in HR delivery, including employee relations, performance and remuneration.
- Demonstrated capabilities in change management, business improvements and organisation development.
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of credit unions, their operating principles and ethos.
- Very strong financial and IT skills, including experience in technology deployment.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to organise effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly.
- Leadership skills and the ability to manage stakeholder, customer and third-party relationships.
- Ability to work on their own initiative and lead others to achieve agreed objectives.
The position of CEO is a Pre-approved Controlled Function (PCF) subject to the Central Bank of Ireland’s Fitness & Probity Standards.
Salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Tower Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Applications will be shortlisted for interview. Canvassing will disqualify.
Tower Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.